Client Partner BD-SLED Sales - Los Angeles, CA
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: November 21, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a Client Partner - Business Development in SLED sales at
Verizon, you'll play a key role in driving the growth in government
accounts. You'll act as a resource for all things government sales,
providing long-range strategic planning for growth of major
accounts, managing C-level relationships, and providing
industry-specific knowledge. You'll also provide competitive
intelligence, position Verizon competitively, and provide guidance
regarding product management and marketing.
You'll also architect and execute strategic plans to ensure Verizon
solutions align with clients' business challenges. You'll provoke,
uncover, nurture, and assist in closing complex, integrated
solutions which enable clients to realize their objectives. You'll
educate government representatives on contract pricing and
processes as well as solutions and sales strategies. You'll
collaborate with leaders, HQ, and Public Sector Marketing on
strategy and coordinating events, activities, communication, and
- Working with government sales teams to seek out new growth
- Developing and providing expertise for all offerings, products,
and services applicable to the government space.
- Educating sales teams on innovative solutions that address
current and future customer needs.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to deliver on regional
- Meeting with elected officials and C-level executives in
agencies to establish and foster executive sponsorship in the
- Building trusting relationships with customers.
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities and engaging
cross-functional resources to position Verizon for success.
- Responding to Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- Negotiating contracts and managing them to completion.
- Building customer reference databases and collecting
- Presenting to various audiences at executive meetings, customer
demos, and trade shows.
- Utilizing sales force automation, funnel management, and
prospecting tools to develop business.
- Using social media to promote Verizon's solutions in
partnership with reference accounts.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working successfully within a matrixed
- Experience establishing and fostering relationships with
- Experience providing thought leadership to major public sector
- Experience developing a sales force and training and
re-engineering for solutions-based selling.
- Experience consistently meeting or exceeding sales
- A valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A master's degree in a relevant technical, engineering, or
- Proficiency in contract management and procurements
- Demonstrated industry/segment expertise and insight.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Huntington Beach , Client Partner BD-SLED Sales - Los Angeles, CA, Sales , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!