Set Up Technician I
Company: Cambro Manufacturing Company
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Summary: Set-Up Tech I is responsible for performing the
complete mold change process including; mold/supply preparation in
advance, mold removal, mold installation, robot and secondary
equipment set-up, clean up, and organization. Set-up Tech 1
personnel are responsible for clean-up of machine and surrounding
areas, including proper clean up and storage of all mold change
materials and supplies. Basic injection mold processing skills
required. Must have a complete understanding of the material
handling process. This position is responsible for his/her
technical growth, with the goal of becoming a MTC process
technician. Cambro will supply on the job training when mold
changes and other duties are slow. It will be required that this
position seeks higher technical training in injection molding on
the employees free time. This must be done either at a trade
school, local college, or at Cambro using the Paulson training
program. The Paulson training program is free for Cambro
employees.Essential Functions:ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that molds are properly prepped in advance.
- Ensures that molds being pulled are properly shut down and
prepped for transportation to the mold shop.
- Performs all functions of the mold change process. Stays with
the mold change until completed even if his/her shift ends, or
unless the shift supervisor releases him/her.
- Sets up all auxiliary and secondary equipment related to each
- Assists as needed in performing start-ups, color changes,
pulling packer breaks, etc. as assigned by technician supervisor,
shift manager, or area supervisor.
- Works together with area supervisors, quality control, packers,
assemblers, material handlers, etc to minimize machine down time
and meet or exceed all department production standards.
- Understands all procedures associated with the handling of
hazardous waste and other trash generated by the department.
- Will be required to perform material handling duties when
- Performs all nozzle, material manifold cleaning and
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands departments key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business
needs.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Walking, standing,
bending at the neck, bending at the waist, squatting, climbing,
kneeling, twisting at the neck and waist, repetitive use of hands,
simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up
to 50 lbs.
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts and other equipment
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment PPE
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves
- Steel-toe slip-resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.
Requirements: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSThe requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience
and/or training or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Basic computer skills are required for documentation and
record keeping of test/run dataApply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form.Troubleshooting skills to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of an organization.Ability to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate,
ratio, percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.Must have valid
class C license for forklift certification PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and ability to perform all
aspects of the material handler position.
- Previous packer position experience.
- Mechanical / electrical / hydraulics training or
experienceCAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics
protected by law. Salary may vary based on experience.Min:USD
Keywords: Cambro Manufacturing Company, Huntington Beach , Set Up Technician I, Professions , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...