Maintenance Technician II
Company: Cambro Manufacturing
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Maintenance Technician II
Ensures optimal functioning of all equipment and machinery while
performing corrective and preventative maintenance, installs new
equipment and verifies functionality, troubleshoots breakdowns and
makes emergency repairs under the direction of the Senior
Maintenance Tech Supervisor.
Manually cleans/dismantles/replaces/repairs defective machines or
electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic
components of machinery and equipment.Locates malfunctions through
close observation of machinery, utilizing test instruments and
knowledge of machine operation.Performs preventative maintenance
per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner. Lays out,
assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related
hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.Installs, programs or repairs
automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable
controllers.Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder and
other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.Inspects and
measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other
problems.Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join
metal parts.Visually and/or manually inspects and listens to
machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.Reads
blueprints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic
schematics to troubleshoot machines. Use equipment such as
forklifts, hoists, chains, straps or slings to pick up, move or
locate equipment or machinery Responsible for proper care/cleaning
of tools, parts, materials and work area.May serve as a liaison
with vendors.Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including
being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.Execute each essential duty
satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.Follows all
safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed,
attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding
equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions. Performs effectively as a
team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and
give feedback, and treats everyone with respect. Takes ownership of
own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions,
encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns
and issues to immediate manager. Able to understand and demonstrate
Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety,
Quality, Respect, and Service). Understands department's key
performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both
individually and as a team. Other duties as needed or required.
- Ability to connect to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) to
assist in troubleshooting logic/control malfunctions, monitor and
modify ladder/program and upload/download between PC/laptop and
- Verify proper set up of machines or robots and manually operate
to verify malfunctions or success of repairs.
- Experienced Tech II's are responsible for mentoring new
employees and teaching them various policies, procedures and repair
- Recognize and report potential equipment failure or unsafe
conditions to the Sr Maintenance Tech Supervisor
- Documents all repairs/resolutions in a CMMS database
- Assists in maintaining and creating preventative & corrective
procedures/processes and checklists for all production
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities by attending
workshops, classes or online seminars or programs.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may
- Constant hand use.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending at the neck, squatting,
repetitive use of hands, use of hands for simple grasping and fine
manipulation, lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs..
- Occasional sitting, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling,
crawling, twisting at the neck and/or waist, use of hands for power
grasping, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder
level, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs..
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment (scissor
lift, boom lift).
- Working around equipment and machinery.
- Walking on uneven ground.
- Exposure to excessive noise.
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals.
- Working at heights.
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement.
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Two (2) or four (4)-year certificate from a college or
technical school; or five (5) to ten (10) years related experience
in an industrial manufacturing environment, and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of preventative or corrective
maintenance experience in one or more of the following
manufacturing processes: Injection Molding, Compression Molding,
Composite Molding and Roto Mold manufacturing environments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical,
electrical and hydraulic prints or schematics, safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in corrective or preventative maintenance
and troubleshooting with:
- Haitian 2 and 3 platen injection molding machines, JSW
hydraulic or electric injection molding machines, Husky Hydraulic
injection molding machines, Blow molding machines and Uniloy
Structal Web molding machines
- Star & Yushin Robots
- Ferry Rotational molding machines
- Compression press molding machines
- Martin Pultrusion molding machines
- Conair & Universal Dynamics (Una-Dyn) material handling
equipment, Matsui Dryer material handling equipment
- Previous training/certification in operating forklifts, scissor
and boom lifts CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against
based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, military or veteran status, or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Cambro Manufacturing, Huntington Beach , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...