Golf Lab Technician
Company: Dunlop Sports Americas
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Job Title: Golf Lab Technician/Mechanical Engineering Technician
Summary: Works within the R&D Test Lab to design and conduct
testing and measurements on golf clubs and golf club
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Set up, adjust and operate laboratory equipment and instruments
including, but not limited to, loft and lie gages, swingweight
scales, digital scales, tensile tester, torque tester, flexboard,
inertia tester, ball cannons, 3D scanner.
- Perform laboratory measurements of heads, shafts, grips and
- Conduct laboratory tests: tensile, ball cannon, finish
durability, etc. of clubs and components.
- Prepare measurement data to be entered into central
- Record test results on standardized forms.
- Calibrate laboratory instruments and maintain calibration
- Assist in development of new lab measurement methods and test
procedures. Work with test department personnel to document final
Potential Duties and Responsibilities may include the
- Build golf clubs for cannon, player and robot testing.
- Conduct robot testing of golf clubs and components. Prepare
test reports of robotic testing results.
- Conduct in-house player testing and prepare reports.
- Maintain and develop new custom software for use in lab
measurements and testing.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs;
Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others
with respect and consideration regardless of their status or
position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education/Experience:Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from
two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
Language Ability:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical
procedures. Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability
to effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of co-workers and managers.
Math Ability:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to understand control of test variables and how they affect
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
Ability to program in VBA a plus.
Licenses: No licenses needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
Keywords: Dunlop Sports Americas, Huntington Beach , Golf Lab Technician, Professions , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!