Company: Newlight Technologies Inc.
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 12, 2022
*Newlight Technologies, Inc. is committed to a safety-first
culture, and full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all team
members prior to date of hire.
POSITION SUMMARYResponsible for preparing batches for material
production. This consists of accurate weighing, checking, and
mixing of specific chemical compounds for product formulations, as
well as operating and monitoring state of the art equipment in
accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures. The
Compounding Technician is also responsible for the efficient
operation of extrusion equipment to produce high-quality products
and packaging of the final product. This role involves strong
attention to detail to ensure that the batches produced meet the
companys established quality standards. The position follows
standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure
production is as efficient and safe as possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Measure, weigh, and record chemicals.
- Follow established compounding procedures and recipes to
manufacture the organization's products.
- Operate machines and production equipment safely and in
accordance with instructions.
- Make predictive changes to the melt extrusion processes that
enable production to hit desired specifications and be able to
troubleshoot problematic production runs.
- Makes decision using technical understanding of single and
twin-screw extrusion techniques to enable efficient machine setup
and optimize product processing.
- Monitor the quality of output to identify, discard, or
remanufacture out of spec products.
- Perform troubleshooting and required mechanical adjustments to
- Load materials.
- Properly use all equipment needed in making compounds.
- Clean production equipment and maintain a clean and safe work
- Maintain a high degree of attention to equipment used and to
- Notify the Shift Lead of any mechanical or material
- Record data and maintain accurate production records.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Understand the difference between acceptable and unacceptable
- Package products and equipment for storage or shipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems from the product
- High school diploma or 2+ years of experience as a Compounding
- Basic math and mechanical skills.
- Ability to explicitly follow instructions set forth by standard
operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to apply good judgment and understanding to carry out
instruction provided in written, oral, and diagram format.
- Ability to recognize variations and follow appropriate protocol
for reporting any variations.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks and lift moderately heavy
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to learn to operate machinery systems safely.
- Must be able to meet schedule requirements.
Newlight Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a Veteran or
other protected classification.by Jobble
Keywords: Newlight Technologies Inc., Huntington Beach , Compounding Technician, Professions , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!