Production Machine Oper. II - Roto 3rd Shift
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Summary SUMMARY Responsible for providing: The Machine Operator
II has the responsibility of either 330 Ferry 11/12 or 220 Ferry
platform machines He or she is responsible for the safety,
efficiency, quality and overall productivity of the machine, as
well as cooling jigs, molds, and housekeeping in and around the
machine. Essential Functions the safety, efficiency, quality and
overall productivity of the machine, as well as cooling jigs,
molds, and housekeeping in and around the machine. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Ensures that the team has all the required safety
- Ensures all the equipment, molds, machine and hoist are working
properly, and reports any issues or problems right away.
- Follows a schedule and enters data into the Information System
- Sets up and starts up molds as required.
- Ensures that machines are producing quality parts according to
- Maintains a good cycle rating as outlined by company cycle
- Reports any deviations related to machine functions to lead to
be corrected by Maintenance Mechanic.
- Ensures molds are prepped in advance to help ensure efficient
- Fills up mold P.M. sheets and places with molds
- Performs all tasks associated with the scheduled mold-change,
including changes for the purpose of testing new or recently worked
- Sets Rotation and cycle time on machine computer; orders or
brings over cooling jigs; fills out pm sheet on returning mold, and
also makes sure cooling jigs are returned to their location
- Coordinates mold changes to minimize downtime by bringing over
or having brought over mold extensions, tools, supplies prior to
starting mold change.
- Needs to be flexible to complete mold changes that are in
process at the end of his/her shift.
- Coordinates and participates in making color and material
changes to minimize downtime.
- Performs minor type of maintenance as required, for example
changes out leaky hoses, and replaces broken fittings.
- Insures that the machines and surrounding areas are kept clean
and in orderly state during and at end of shift.
- Eliminates safety hazards that he/she is able to correct.
- Monitors molds and machines for proper operations.
- Responsible to run molds to department cycle, and weight
- Gets assistance to correct problems if necessary.
- Troubleshoots processing problems as they arise.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of cycle data, part
weights, cycle times, rejects and specific assigned process check
- Assists in day to day production efforts in his/her designated
- Very good knowledge of the Rotational Molding and Mold Set Up
processes on either the Ferry 330 or Ferry 220 machines.
- Has a very good understanding of rotational molds, materials,
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands department's key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. In this position
you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist,
squat, climb, kneel, , twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands
repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation,
pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level,
carrying/lifting up to 75 lbs..
- Drive cars, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Walking on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment PPE
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Leather top, slip-resistant shoes, safety toe shoes
- Steel-toe slip resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Mask in accordance with company policy Requirements REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one
year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in
writing. Comprehend instructions, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- ERP system experience with Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Forklift certifiedCAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against
based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, military or veteran status, or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Cambro, Huntington Beach , Production Machine Oper. II - Roto 3rd Shift, Professions , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!