Experienced Systems Engineer Lead (Future System)
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: March 19, 2023
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Research and Technology is looking for a Future System
Systems Engineering Lead in El Segundo CA, Huntington Beach CA, or
Annapolis Junction MD.
In pursuit of Boeing's research and business interests, the
successful candidate will:
- This position will lead the Systems Engineering efforts from
system conceptual design, concept, requirements development,
architecture definition, and design definition of various
demonstrations to establish technology readiness and identify long
lead development needs in support of a future system
- Work on world class, next generation disruptive technologies
across the enterprise and at business partners and teammate
facilities to develop, document, analyze, and test operational,
functional, and environmental requirements of non-recurring
development research systems.
- Leverage advanced Model Based Systems Engineering methods and
tools to perform complex analysis and trade studies to evaluate Key
Performance Parameters from technology requirements definition,
design and manufacturing process definition to product development
phase, supporting the technology all the way from concept
definition to technology demonstration.
- Provide high impact, creative and innovative solutions to
complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a dynamic team
environment alongside world-class research scientists and
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of
teammates Position Responsibilities:
- Support and lead systems engineering efforts in maturing
technologies under development and defining requirements and
capabilities in an agile model based engineering environment.
- Partner with researchers and technology experts in
understanding technology development current state and future goals
in order to inform test, verification and validation efforts
- Identify, coordinate and communicate requirements, functional
threads and interfaces for incorporation into system architecture,
modeling environment and system physical design.
- Oversee development of Systems Electronics/Device Modeling and
integration with larger system(s). Integrate technologies under
development with larger system concept of operations and determine
impacts to interfaces, integration techniques, manufacturability
and integrated system testing.
- Identify, innovate and oversee development and maintenance of
new tools and processes to support this work scope
- Execute analysis and performance budget planning and roll-up
from individual contributors and subject matter experts. Develop
new innovative techniques to validate analytical models and
performance budgets in addition to definition of experiments and
- Support and lead customer engagement for technologies under
research & development
- Define functional architecture and modeling needs and
coordinate efforts with functional architecture and
modeling/simulation teams to meet end item deliverable test,
verification & validation dates
- Support modeling and analysis formal reviews and lab
demonstrations This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5),
formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
(U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a
Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in new technology or product/capability
- 5+ years of experience in system design, analysis, modeling,
simulation, verification and validation
- Experience communicating with verbal and written communication
skills, with ability to work with both technical and non-technical
- Demonstrated leadership for driving risk and issue mitigation
and resolution Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Experience in a Lead Engineer role responsible for ensuring
system and product integration across multiple disciplines
- Experience in working in an agile model based system
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages
such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and
- Education/experience in 1 or more of the following: Cameo,
DOORS, SysML, Department of Defense Architecture Framework
- Adjudicated Counter Intelligence scope polygraph completed
within the last 5 years Typical Education/Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
our policies .
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate
Shift: This Position Is For First Shift
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status:
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To
meet export control compliance requirements, a "U.S. Person" as
defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes
U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Huntington Beach , Experienced Systems Engineer Lead (Future System), Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...