Company: The Waterfront
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Pay Rate $22.00
Seeking an experienced Security Officer to join our team!
Perform protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and
restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct,
disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and
secure environment for guests, visitors, and associates
- Foot patrol of the interior and exterior of the resort to
observe and identify potential security and safety risks or
undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical
decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintain order in the resort, dealing with the welfare of
guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient
responses to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety
hazards and threats to life and / or property in a calm, rational
and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of
resort policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and
safety of resort guests, associates, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and respond in a timely manner based
- Memorize and monitor life safety system including accurate
layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire
extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks, and report any
pertinent information from each shift
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of
suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor
on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Administer CPR and First Aid. Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the
building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English
clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and / or sit and continuously perform
essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and
walking significant distances between and within buildings on the
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and / or carry or otherwise move goods
weighing up to 50 lbs. with sufficient manual dexterity in
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Annual performance increases up to 4%
- Complimentary parking and meal.
- Paid time off i.e., personal day, vacation, sick leave,
- Flexible work schedule
- Holiday incentives
- Medical, Vison and Dental (Full-time Employees)
- World wild discount with Hilton properties
Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may
include day, evening, and graveyard shifts as well as weekends and
High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Additional training
and education is highly desirable. Prior law enforcement, security
or military experience. CPR/First Aid certification and valid
Security Guard Card required. Previous work experience should
include working in a high-volume environment. Interested
applicants, please submit your resume.
Keywords: The Waterfront, Huntington Beach , Security Officer, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...