Company: Cambro Manufacturing
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: March 17, 2023
SUMMARYResponsible for monitoring, directing, motivating, and
reporting safety and quality aspects of the packaging line and the
general work area using the M.O.S. guidelines. Lead and coordinate
activities of personnel assigned in the operating of injection
molding machines, secondary equipment and packaging process as well
as assembly operation of any and all products as required. Reviews
the schedule daily and formulates a plan to complete the schedule
in the required time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSLead an assigned group of employees and
provide clear and concise assignment of work to employees, (planned
quantities based upon standards).Before the start of work, Area
Lead will review with injection personnel the previous day's
results (safety, quality, productivity) give direction regarding
the current day goals and priorities.Communicate with forklift
operator, warehouse personnel and material handlers to ensure
timely delivery of all necessary supplies to be available and that
the required personnel have all tools, equipment and supplies
required on the line.Make all labels and print all instructions
sheets needed for scheduled orders.Monitor and ensure all employees
are working safely and following all safety regulations.Provides
timely feedback regarding observations of policy and/or procedure
violations.Determines work procedures and expedites
workflow.Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to
policies and procedures.Walks through the facility to verify status
and visually checks for facility and/or equipment damage at the
beginning and end of work day.Perform daily Prism transaction
required for recording and tracking of production. Trains injection
personnel in performing requirements of job per established
guidelines as directed by the Shift Manager.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands department's key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required. ADDITIONAL
- Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area. Will work
with other shifts to resolve housekeeping issues.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business
- May also be required to perform the duties of packaging
personnel if needed to support production department therefore
should know the pre-required duties, responsibilities and skills of
that position.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, walking,
standing, bending at the neck, bending at the waist, squatting,
twisting at the neck and waist, repetitive use of hands, simple
grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling,
reaching above and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 50
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts and other equipment
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Walking on uneven ground
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement
- Risk of exposure to bio-hazard while working such as:
bloodborne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc. PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves
- Steel-toe slip-resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSThe requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge with a manufacturing operating ERP system,
I.E. Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in
writing. Complete reports and comprehend instructions. Speak
effectively in front of groups of people, and coworkers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with difficult
situations; find resolutions, escalate and communicate situations
to Shift Manager. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Manufacturing operating ERP system transactions experience with
Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Bilingual in Spanish. CAMBRO is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to and will not be
discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical
or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran
status, or other characteristics protected by law. Salary may vary
based on experience.
Keywords: Cambro Manufacturing, Huntington Beach , Area Lead, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...