Scientist 2 - Asbestos Microscopist - Huntington Beach , CA
Company: Pace Analytical Services LLC
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We don't just like what we do at Aerobiology, we love it! We are
looking for an experienced Asbestos Microscopist who loves
analyzing asbestos as much as we do. Someone who loves the
challenge of finding it, identifying it, and going the extra mile
to help our customers understand why in the world it is in their
space. Spend one day with our amazing staff and you will see that
not only do they love what they do, but they enjoy teaching and
training others that have the drive to learn more.
Why Work at Pace:Mission Statement: Working together to protect our
environment and improve our health.
- Benefits start first of the following month you start!
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
- Employee Referral - refer someone, if they are hired and stay
30 days, you earn a $1,000 bonus
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life, disability and voluntary benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Program
- Thorough understanding of laboratory practices, ethics, and
quality assurance requirements
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Communicates well
- Works well on a team with minimal supervision
- Can easily navigate Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ATE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Receiving samples and processing them into our LIMS
- Creating asbestos analytical reports
- Record data in our LIMS and report generation
- Perform report/sample QC to ensure accurate data
- Participate in proficiency testing program
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Assist clients in understanding laboratory analyses and
A 4-year degree in Geology or other related sciences OR
certification from a bona-fide asbestos microscopy program will be
- Minimum of one (2) years of environmental commercial or
governmental or state laboratory experience in asbestos analysis.
- A basic understanding of the quality assurance requirements
related to asbestos analysis.
- All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the
United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program.
- Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment
drug and background screen.
- Bona fide college/university transcripts will be required.
Further details will be provided at time of interview.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described herein
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Mobility to work in a lab and
office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina
to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of
force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to
lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed
materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to
communicate in person or over the telephone.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Work is performed in a lab and office setting.
Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related
items in a lab setting.
Aerobiology Laboratory Associates, Inc. has provided microbial
indoor air quality services for over twenty years. Since its
inception, Aerobiology has grown, adding lab locations and services
while gaining industry recognition through key certification and
accreditation bodies including the Environmental Microbiology
Laboratory Accreditation Program (EMLAP), the Centers for Disease
Control (CDC) ELITE Program, and the National Voluntary Laboratory
Accreditation Program (NVLAP). We have AIHA accredited
environmental labs in Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ;
Pennsauken Township, NJ; Huntington Beach, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL;
Downers Grove, IL; Fort Worth, TX; Melville, NY; and Shoreline, WA.
Our headquarters lab is located in Dulles, VA. We have a Supply
Center located in Morrisville, North Carolina; and our Service
Center is located in New York City. This Service Center receives
client samples for distribution to our laboratories.
In 2020, Aerobiology was acquired by Pace Analytical - Services,
LLC. For decades, Pace has been the trusted source for quality
environmental and life sciences lab testing and analysis and the
resource for scientific lab staffing, regulatory, and equipment
services. Pace delivers better science to businesses, industries,
consulting firms, government agencies, and more through the
largest, American-owned and nationally certified laboratory
network. Please visit these websites for further information about
the companies - www.aerobiology.netwww.pacelabs.com
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Keywords: Pace Analytical Services LLC, Huntington Beach , Scientist 2 - Asbestos Microscopist - Huntington Beach , CA, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!