Company: Cambro Manufacturing Company
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Summary SUMMARY Responsible for procurement of raw materials,
services and MRP items as assigned. Essential Functions ESSENTIAL
- Evaluate suppliers based on quality, price and service of their
products and/or services.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other
information to determine reasonable prices and work with Purchasing
Supervisor/Manager to develop commodity strategies.
- Interview suppliers and visit suppliers' plants and
distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services,
and prices as required or assigned by the Purchasing
- Extract data from the MRP system / Recommendation Reports
and/or work with the Purchasing Supervisor to develop reports to
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure that suppliers comply
with the Terms and Conditions of the contract and to determine the
need for changes.
- Maintain and review records of items purchased, costs,
deliveries, product performance, and inventories while keeping an
organized and efficient desk.
- Manage assigned projects when applicable and maintain project
- Attend and conduct meetings as needed.
- Stay current on assigned commodities to be able to speak to
this as required by management
- Manage standard cost of assigned commodities annually
- Effectively manage products that reach obsolescence and
transition plans to new replacement items
- Manage cost savings tracker and document savings to Supervisor
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands department's key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
- Working around equipment and machinery PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Sitting, walking, standing, bending at the neck, bending
at the waist, squatting, kneeling, twisting at the neck and waist,
repetitive use of hands, simple grasping, and reaching above and
below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs. PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Safety glasses Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High School Diploma plus 5 years work experience in
- Must have work experience using MRP and understand its
- Must have computer experience using MS Office, Outlook, Excel,
- Must be able to read, write, speak in English.
- Basic math skills to include; addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, calculation percentages, currency, Unit
of Measure Conversion calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- "Attention to Detail" oriented PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree, Certification in Purchasing, Inventory
Control, or Subcontracts Management through an accredited
organization such as ISM, APICS, Next Level Purchasing or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
- English and/or Spanish CAMBRO is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to and will not be
discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical
or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran
status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Cambro Manufacturing Company, Huntington Beach , Buyer, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!