Head of Communications, Renewables
Company: Naked Labs
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 9, 2022
If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you
can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/3DpLWaq
We are an innovative bio-tech and climate tech company that is
disrupting the status quo and on a mission to reverse climate
change. What started in 2003 as a question of "what if we could
turn greenhouse gas into useful materials?" - a force for good -
has turned into "we can and we will" through over a decade of
endless trial, error, and determination. Today, We harness
greenhouse gas to create a certifiably carbon-negative,
regenerative material that can replace plastic and leathers. But
the determination doesn't stop there. It's also on a mission to
inspire communities to make meaningful choices that will help the
long-term health of our planet. In fact, while many companies are
looking to bring their products and practices to a carbon neutral
state, with this technology, we are the only company producing both
foodware and apparel that is carbon-negative. And this is just the
beginning, as the versatility of the material means future product
innovations are endless. The more products we produce, the better
the planet gets. We are looking for passionate, entrepreneurially
minded, outside-the-box movers and shakers who live by our CODE
-Creativity, Optimism, Determination, Empathy - and want to
leverage their skills to positively impact the world we live in for
generations to come. Why this role? (Overview) As a fierce
supporter of the Company's mission, you will work closely and
collaboratively with our multi-disciplined team to share our brand
story, the narrative behind our innovative technology, and the
promise of how our products can make a positive impact in the
world. You will be a key driving force for educating customers,
consumers, media, NGOs and government around what's possible and a
catalyst for driving systemic positive change.
As a key communications leader and direct report to the Chief
Marketing Officer, you will own the overall communications strategy
and execution, both internally and externally. How you'll impact?
- Develop a world-class communications strategy and break the
mold with annual plans by directly leading communications
activities that not only promote, enhance, and protect the
organization's brand reputation, but also inspire, excite and drive
advocacy for the brand
- Drive the development, integration, and implementation of a
broad range of public relations activities and brand-centered,
- PR activations that tie to the strategic direction and
positioning of the organization and its leadership
- Advance the organization's position with a broad slate of
audiences and relevant constituents, including media, industry
experts, ESG leaders, and consumers
- Drive positive, inspiring broad-based awareness for the brand,
our technology and our products.
- Create communication frameworks and systems, both internally
and externally, that optimize delivery of all content materials and
communications pertaining to the Company's genesis, practices and
values including but not limited to, sustainability, as well as
innovations and partnerships.
- Oversee internal communications planning and execution in order
to ensure all our team members are versed in key company highlights
and consistently feel connected to the company
- Oversee media relations and develop efficient, nimble,
proactive and reactive processes for engaging with media
- Stay on top of industry trends and develop real-time systems to
keep executives informed of what they need to know and to initiate
action when needed
- Help coordinate corporate industry affairs and align on the
Company's involvement in external industry and trade organizations
to strengthen our position and influence on the current and future
- Oversee PR agency and lead the development of new pitch ideas
to fuel earned media coverage for the Company's business
leadership, success, technology, innovation, products, and culture.
Why this was made for you? (Qualifications)
- 10+ years of experience in communications with 5+ years in
leadership roles and progressive growth in responsibilities;
Preference for a broad range of experiences across technology, B2B
and B2C industries.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related
business discipline (MBA a plus).
- Collaborative team player and articulate storyteller with a
knack for speaking and writing with purpose, clarity,
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to craft and deliver
impactful, crisp, on-brand messaging
- Superior presentation and advisory skills, with strong ability
to break down complex concepts to simple narratives.
- Nuanced understanding and expert implementation of the full
marketing and communications suite of services and best practices,
including deep experience effectively leveraging the power of
- A natural pulse on the latest and greatest - stays up to date
with the latest trends and channels of communication (podcast,
- Strong interest and active consumer of current affairs,
sustainable practices, industry trends, digital and social
- Strong leadership, team management and communication skills
across broad, cross-functional teams, with ability to foster
teamwork, respect, and inclusive dialogue.
- Naturally curious and have passions that fuel you.
- Experience building a brand (from scratch preferred).
- Enjoys connecting with others and people are naturally drawn to
- Genuinely excited by the Company's mission and the opportunity
to use your creative talents to advocate for positive change.
- Capable of motivating and influencing others of all levels and
stature to act.
- Strategic, creative and not only able to remain calm during
stressful and unexpected situations, but also able to lead
executives in arriving at calm, thoughtful, deliberate decisions
and actions during times of crisis. 9800 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Keywords: Naked Labs, Huntington Beach , Head of Communications, Renewables, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!