GLOBAL HEAD OF D&L
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 6, 2022
We awaken the spirit of freedom and adventure by connecting
boardriders around the world. We are the world's leading action
sports and lifestyle company with a global portfolio of brands.
We're a team of 7,500 like-minded souls protecting what we love.
The smell of the ocean. The sounds of the city you know so well.
The perfect slope. The perfect wave. The perfect game. Ultimate
freedom. We lead with integrity and passion, we build an inclusive
community, we protect our playgrounds and we play to win. We are
Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, RVCA, DC Shoes, Element, VonZipper,
Honolua. We are BOARDRIDERS. "Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer including:
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans"
Provide leadership and overall management to Americas, EMEA and ANZ
distribution and logistics team. This rolw will be responsible for
positioning the company to respond to the growing needs of a divers
global customer base across wholesale, retail and ECOM by
developing innovative distribution, logistics, and supply chain
solutions. This individual will serve as a thought leader who is
able to maintain and build upon broad leadership and expertise and
capabilities in all functional areas of responsibilty -
- Implement optimal commercial arrangements and contracts with
3PLs, forwarders, carriers, and vendors; driving speed, quality,
visibility, and accountability
- Lead our regional distribution and logistics leaders and
provide strategic vision to improve our distribution
- Improve communication with Brands and create visibility to
supply chain performance across brands and regional leadership
- Manage inbound and outbound logistics teams across regions.
Reporting to management on transportation spend to budget and
- Develop strong internal and external partnerships and establish
credibility with all stakeholders by adopting Boardriders' strong
- Manage all DC and customer transportation and logistics needs.
Support Executive leadership to align on supply chain strategy and
- Design and deploy strategic performance metrics (KPIs) that
will measure each key component of the Distribution, transportation
and logistics contribution to Boardriders' customer service and
performance goals as set forth in the annual budget
- Conduct quarterly review of performance metrics with the goal
of evolving manual processes into technologically efficient
processes using industry best practice processes, procedures and
tools. This will include systematic coordination with all
Boardriders operating system and the potential introduction of new
industry best practice systems
- Develop and manage the budget and budgetary goals of the
distribution centers, logistics and transportation services, in the
budget management system. This includes all DC, logistics and
transportation administrative expenses to the budgetary
- Build a high performing organization: -attract, develop, and
retain the best talent possible within the relevant functions
throughout the organization.
- Work closely with Executive leadership team as well as all team
members to ensure that all transportation and distribution
activities are fully aligned to support the organization's business
strategy and plan.
- Manage relationships and alliances with service providers
through all facets of the sourcing lifecycle, ensuring the best
service and capacity at the right cost.
- Maximize the use of technology systems and tools such as ERP
and WMS and 3PL TMS and Vendor Portal.
- Partner across the organization to develop and strengthen
strategic alliances with customers.
- Build a network of strategic partners and own all
transportation and distribution policies and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance a Domestic/Import Policy and Procedures
Manual and Logistics Guide.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned. REQUIRED
- Senior leader with a minimum of 15 to 20 years' transportation,
distribution, and supply chain industry experience, gained over
positions with increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics,
Business or related field required. Master's degree desirable but
- Expert in transportation and distribution, with deep and broad
exposure to most elements of the supply chain including:
warehousing, trade compliance, inventory management, planning, and
- Well-versed in process improvement skills gained in
operations-centric environments, where improvements are driven by
creativity and innovation and can be proven via measurable
- Respected for track record of success developing and managing a
world-class logistics and distribution organization.
- Experience in implementing Transportation and Warehouse
Management Systems and other relevant trade compliance,
productivity, and supply chain visibility systems.
- Skilled in directly dealing with suppliers, transportation and
logistics-specific technological solutions.
Strong negotiation skills which allow for symbiotic relationship
with service providers.
- Prefer six to eight years import/export experience.
- Familiar with Ocean Carrier contract negotiations customs
clearance and HTS tariff code categorizations.
- Knowledge of strategy, budgeting and tactical planning
- A clear communicator and exceptional listener, who inspires
others when providing cross-functional leadership.
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced and demanding growth
- Strong business acumen and analytical problem-solving
- Creative thinker who enjoys challenges and is
- A strong customer-centric mindset.
- Ability to demonstrate success in attracting and developing
superior talent. Committed to the success of others.
- Strategic thinker who understands the importance of a clear
vision, a focused mission and measurable outcomes.
- Passion and sense of urgency for growth and achievement.
- Proven ability to create strategy, balanced with agility and
determination to execute.
- Inclusive and consultative style balanced with the ability to
make tough decisions and stand firm when appropriate.
- Consensus builder with a track record of success in forging
alliances with stakeholders.
- Strong leader with the extraordinary ability to lead change,
communicate, challenge and inspire a team to success.
Keywords: Quiksilver, Huntington Beach , GLOBAL HEAD OF D&L, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!