Payroll Specialist - RBD
Company: Reyes Beer Division
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: November 11, 2021
The Payroll Specialist ensures accurate and timely processing
of payroll, both weekly and bi-weekly. The Payroll Analyst is
assigned more complex locations, often those with Union and
Position Responsibilities may include, but not
- Manage time and attendance system used for preparing and
processing of multiple weekly and bi-weekly payrolls, including
Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA).
- Post payroll data and ensure compliance with all Federal,
State, and Local laws regarding payroll administration.
- Work with HRIS as necessary to ensure accurate and
complete compliance in the programming of Kronos and various
- Coordinate with various company locations within region
to obtain the information needed to process
- Review information submitted to corporate payroll and
report on any issues
- Review information in Kronos for accuracy.
- Investigate and resolve unusual activity, alerting direct
- Adhere to established internal controls to ensure system
- Provide technical expertise and respond to payroll
related inquiries related to interpretation of laws, rules and
regulations, consulting with supervisor when needed.
- Follow compliance procedures within payroll department to
ensure local, state, and federal compliance.
- Ensure timely submission of payroll data and meeting all
- Assist employees and supervisors with payroll issues and
handle requests for payroll information on a regular
- Research payroll issues/discrepancies, and processes
- Comply with the regulatory standards and policies and
procedures of payroll.
- Maintain and update various systems and reports as
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in
order to streamline payroll functions.
- Facilitate training to Human Capital and Management as
- Other projects or duties as
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience preparing payroll for processing, using
an integrated payroll system.
- Knowledge and experience with federal, local, and state payroll
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality,
demonstrate good judgment and discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to interact with internal customers and all levels of
- Solid analytical, reasoning and deduction skills; high level of
attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Efficient organizational skills and strong attention to
- Ability to prioritize duties and manage multiple tasks
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Able to work independently and make sound, timely
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn and understand
new technical concepts.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in processing weekly payroll for a medium sized
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the
nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery
schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of
Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and
punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual
in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement
due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Beer Division, Huntington Beach , Payroll Specialist - RBD, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!