Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: July 22, 2021
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing direct supervision of teammates and
management of daily departmental operations in a given patient care
area as well as providing direct patient care daily under the
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Closely monitors patient safety at all times; i.e. does not
leave patient on an exam table unattended and participates in Optum
fall prevention program.
- Complies with Optum sharps safety program at all times, i.e.
only using devices with safety features and employing safe work
- Supervises clinical operations of a given patient care
- Assists Site Administrator in ensuring compliance in licensing,
certification and competencies.
- Evaluates nursing competencies and decisions according to
current nursing practices.
- Functions as a resource and serves as a liaison between
administration, clinicians, staff and other departments.
- Participates in all Nursing Leadership regional meetings and
Nurse Peer Review as needed.
- Identifies and participates in the quality improvement projects
for the site.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to evaluate departmental needs
and to communicate operational updates.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Verifies that the informed consents for procedures have been
signed, dated and witnessed.
- Assists with Quality Metrics, Comprehensive Health Assessment
Programs (CHAPS) formally HCC research, telephone call procedures,
and patient follow up procedures.
- Prepares labels, collects and transports various specimens to
- Conducts pre and post-operative teaching for the patient,
taking into account all psychological, physiological and religious
- Works in collaboration with a clinician to prepare, monitor and
discharge patients after a procedure.
- Cleans and stocks exam and procedure/surgery rooms.
- Serves as a relief for the teammates.
- Assists with all departments specific functions within the LVN
scope of practice.
- Ensures monthly expiration logs for medications and sample
medications (refrigerated and non-refrigerated) are
- Ensures yearly expiration logs for Preventative Maintenance
(PM) are performed as needed.
- Ensures EKG reconciliation is performed and confirmed EKG’s are
seen by clinician before patient is discharged.
- Ensures referral tickler file / log are maintained.
- Ensures immunization records and updating EHR (including
California Immunization Registry (CAIR)) are performed.
- Attends mandatory annual skills validation and Annual Clinical
updates that may take place during evening hours and weekends
(selected Saturdays only).
- Frequently monitors overdue orders and follows approved process
to address the orders.
- Assists with Meaningful Use (MU) initiative by encouraging
patients to sign up for Follow My Health (FMH), obtaining patient’s
email addresses, updating smoking status, and other
- Assists clinicians with medication reconciliation per
- Uses approved standing orders to perform, order test and update
- Assists with entering referrals in electronic health records
EHR for clinician to authorize.
- Enters medical billing charges for services rendered in
- Participates in verifying medications and vaccine doses for
- Provides direct patient care.
- Mentors and trains teammates in collaboration with the Site
Administrator, lead clinician and people services department.
- Attends in all mandatory Clinical Teammate Orientation (CTO)
(both instructor led and online courses), Annual Clinical Updates,
and Skills validation including those that could be held after
working hours including the weekend.
- Participates in facilitation of annual skills validation for
Medical Assistants take place during evening hours and or weekends
(selected Saturdays only).
- Ensures all Patient Intervention Reports (PIR) have been
reviewed and actions taken.
- Assists clinician and licensed nursing teammates in responding
to patient emergency situations as per Emergency Response
- Cross trainings to work in other departments or other duties as
assigned by supervisor /management.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current California LVN license.
- Current Basic Life Support for Providers, by American Heart
Association (AHA) - (100% online certification is not
- Advanced Life Support certification preferred – (100 Online
certification is not acceptable) .
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior ambulatory care experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Skilled in phlebotomy and I.V. therapy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will
be required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any
state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth
Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas
where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We
built an entire organization around one giant objective; make
health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of
the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has
to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means
working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges
that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible
company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its
affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Huntington Beach , Supervisor, Nursing-LVN, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!