LVN Supervisor, Full-Time, Huntington Beach
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Responsible for performing moderately complex and/or specialized
patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a clinician or
Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure that patients receive appropriate
care. Responsible for performing operational duties as required
under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
• Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate our company’s commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care, and concern with internal and external
• Uses, protects, and discloses our company’s patients’ protected
health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
• Directs patient to proper exam/treatment area and prepares
patient for examinations and other procedures. Assists in the
transportation of patient and patient flow.
• Obtains records and reports vital signs and any other pertinent
patient information to the RN or clinician.
• Administers medication, performs various patient tests, and
instructs patients on procedural preparations under the supervision
of the clinician or RN.
• Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of
new refills as ordered by the clinician.
• Collects, labels, and transports various specimens to appropriate
• Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas and medical
• Maintains logs, records of medical procedures, and inventories of
• Performs telephone screening.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum: 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree
from a two-year college.
• Minimum: Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse
• Minimum: Current LVN license.
• Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
• Preferred: I.V. therapy and phlebotomy certification.
• Minimum: 1-3 years of experience.
• Preferred: Previous LPN/LVN work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Computer literate.
• Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most
advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its
fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance
teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll
find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated
medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical
practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Huntington Beach , LVN Supervisor, Full-Time, Huntington Beach, Other , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!