Summary of Duties:
- Supervise Purchasing personnel to implement values and
objectives in order to achieve corporate goals and optimum
- Assigns purchasing and scheduling duties based on business
- Establish and/or oversee training as required.
- Ensure performance from purchasing personnel based on standards
- Identify and address personnel issues.
- Organize, analyze and report data including root cause analysis
and corrective actions.
- Proactively work in continuous improvements within the
- Communicates purchasing department's activities and strategies
in conjunction with Management
- Provides feedback and support to Development buyer
- Supports customer's needs by using standard process where
- Ensures that purchasing department follows all guidelines and
- Supports buyers in any escalated issues or concerns.
- Works with Production supervisor on a daily basis to monitor
status and scheduling in order to obtain on-time delivery of
products based on information provided by planning and purchasing
- Inputs data into various systems and creates/prepares reports
for customer meetings.
- Mentors and supports buyers in any inquiry
- Works proactively to optimize supply chain operations through
creative solutions acting alone and/or in teams.
- Drives operational excellence and provides Supply Chain
expertise to other functional areas.
- Demonstrates leadership and business acumen in actions,
interactions and decisions.
- Must be organized and possess time management skills and skills
to adapt to priority changes.
- Attends and actively participates in departmental meetings in a
- Works in additional projects assigned by Management.
Leads and administrates the Purchasing Staff. Identifies,
suggests and implements the development of purchasing strategies
and systems under supervision of the Director of Operations.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required (Preferably a degree in
Supply Chain management or related field) or comparable
Experience: 10 years of experience in a production environment
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System,
Office XP, AutoCAD.
Other Skills: Solid understanding of Production Planning and
Production Scheduling best practices and principles is
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- LN knowledge desired.
- APICS certification preferred
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment
opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age,
national origin, disability, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in
the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and
space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more
sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally
friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence,
with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and
holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership
positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and
development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of
its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best
Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin
Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.