At Owens & Minor, our Mission is simple: empowering our
customers to advance healthcare. Our teammates continue to play an
essential role in the global fight against COVID-19 by working to
ensure our healthcare customers have what they need, when they need
it, enabling them to focus on the critical task of providing
patient care. As a Fortune 500 company with over 15,000 teammates
in over 70 countries, Owens & Minor remains laser-focused on
delivering on our Mission throughout COVID-19 and beyond. Our
$9-billion business includes our Global Solutions and Global
Products segments, with core offerings structured across three
pillars of excellence: Products, Services, and Distribution.
Our people are the power that propels us. As we continue to
navigate unprecedented circumstances, teammate safety remains our
top priority, and all of our facilities have implemented enhanced
safety and sanitation protocols. Just as our teammates are
dedicated to empowering healthcare around the world, Owens & Minor
is dedicated to providing the kind of culture and benefits that
empower teammates to grow their careers and enjoy the rewarding
work they do every day.
Owens & Minor benefits are applicable to Full Time Regular and
Permanent Teammates, and include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
Under supervision, pulls, packages and ships customer orders,
supplies and equipment in a safe, effective and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Processes daily orders in a timely and accurate manner according
to department standards in a pick/pack environment.
Picks priority shipments first as communicated by the
Boxes and packs orders with packing materials to ensure safe
Pulls product for orders; verifying product numbers and
Verifies that order is pulled correctly.
Stocks shelves accurately.
Ensures regulatory compliance, process controls and safety
standards are met.
Ensures all company, employee and regulatory policies and
procedures are followed.
Maintains an organized, safe work environment.
Knows and follows all safety rules.
Rotates stock and ensures date stickers are on all product.
Ensures no expired product is on the shelves.
Keeps warehouse clean.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand most of the day
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong attendance and punctuality is a must
- Must be able to meet daily minimum productivity numbers for
pulling and packing/shipping.
- Must be agile and able to move at a very quick pace while fast
on your feet.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to read and write English in order to analyze and
- Must work well in a team
- May be required to operate (once certified) a fork-lift and cut
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to work occasional long hours as required
- Must meeting picking standards; at the conclusion of the
initiation stage, must pick 18 orders per hour
- Weekly Hourly Targets for new employees:
o Week 1 - 10 orders per hour
o Week 2 - 13 orders per hour
o Week 3 - 15 orders per hour
o Week 4 - 18 orders per hour
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your
career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any
other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form
and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for
this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No
fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company
as a result of the referral or through other means.