Veterans Preferred - Lead Line Cook - Pools ($24/hour)
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - Surf. Sand. Sunset.
Find Yours at Our Special Place.
Shimmering views of the Pacific await you at Hyatt Regency
Huntington Beach Resort & Spa. Our stunning, Spanish-inspired
resort offers guests remarkable meeting space, pampering spa
treatments, irresistible restaurants, and superior service in a
stunning seaside setting. Join us as "We Care for People So They
Can Be their Best."
Take a peek into our colleague experience as a Lead Line Cook -
What does the role entail?
The Cook 1 Lead is a culinary position that requires advanced
culinary skills or related cooking experience and good
communication skills. This is typically a production position that
requires limited supervision and training.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of previous line experience preferred.
- Grilling Station experience required.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking
- Able to work single station in the kitchen.
- Grilling and saut-- station experience required
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand for long periods
- Flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and
- Must have physical stamina to lift, push, and pull moderate
amounts of weight.
- California Food Handlers Certification required.
- What You Will Love About Us
- Location, location, location!
- Flexible work schedules
- Full-time benefit eligibility after 30 days
- Discount hotel stays for colleagues, friends and family
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house
- Complimentary parking in our underground structure
- Complimentary meals during work hours
- Hyatt Perks which includes thousands of national and local
partners for various discounts. Wellbeing
"Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - and
we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance eligibility after 30 days of
- 401(k) Retirement plan & Hyatt stock purchase plan.
"Careers at Hyatt don't have to follow a traditional career ladder
or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather,
they can be customized and adapted based a colleague's individual
circumstances and take the form of a career lattice."
- Learn and Grow: We are committed to the growth of our
colleagues and provide a community where diverse individuals
explore new ways of thinking and expanding capabilities
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning
platform for all colleagues
- Ability to cross-train and work within multiple positions that
provide the opportunity to grow skills and value as a
- With over 700 Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the United States,
opportunities for internal promotion are abundant. Diversity
"Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are
deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for
- Hyatt is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national
origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship, status of any other group protected by
- Our Vision: Our commitment is to create an environment where
people can bring their whole self to work each day - so they can be
their best and perform at their best so they can better care for
- Hyatt Hotels and Resorts is recognized as one of FORTUNE
Magazine, "100 Best Companies to Work For" in the United States for
the 9 th year in the row.
- The Human Rights Campaign has honored Hyatt among "The Best
Places to Work" for LGBTQ equality in 2022, for the 18 th
Keywords: Hyatt, Huntington Beach , Veterans Preferred - Lead Line Cook - Pools ($24/hour), Hospitality & Tourism , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!