2nd shift Finishing Supervisor
Company: California Faucets Inc.
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCalifornia Faucets is looking to bring on a 2nd
shift Finishing Supervisor. This role is based on-site in our
Huntington Beach, CA facility. The hours for this position will be
Monday through Friday, full-time from 2:15 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Join
the California Faucets Team!For over 30 years, California Faucets
continues to dominate the industry in providing custom-made
manufactured bath and kitchen products out of our factory in
Huntington Beach, California. Founded in 1988, California Faucets
began with a simple premise: to deliver high-quality and
customizable decorative faucets quickly while providing
unparalleled customer service. Thirty years later, these principles
remain the core of our company culture. We sell primarily through
plumbing showrooms and specifiers such as architects and
contractors and offer both stock and highly customizable products.
That makes our supply chain and our manufacturing environment a bit
more complex than most, but we don't believe in mass-produced
products. If we had to describe our company culture in one word it
would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any
handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And,
most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By
joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the
culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your
great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our
people, we're truly unmatched! If you're looking for a fast-paced,
innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company
is right for you.What's in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance ProgramAdditional voluntary benefits are
also offered! Come be a part of something great!Job
Description/Essential Duties:The Finishing department is a critical
area within the company and has a direct impact on the quality and
quantity of products that California Faucets provides to its
customers. The Finishing Supervisor is responsible for setting the
example, teaching, and guiding a team of 15-20 direct reports in
order to successfully perform operations within the Finishing and
Plating departments. Primary responsibilities include assigning and
directing work, interviewing and hiring candidates to fill open
positions, training, completing the appraisal of employee
performance, ensuring safety practices are being followed,
resolving conflicts, and continuously improving processes and
procedures within the department. When performing this position,
the following activities are required:
- Providing direct supervision to the Finishing and Plating
departments and indirect supervision to all other production
departments, which includes, Assembly, Shipping, Picking and
- Teaching, guiding, overseeing, and organizing employees to
complete the finishing processes.
- Responding to exception scenarios from team members.
- Reading and counting accurately, performing simple math,
- Promoting cooperation and positive communication with
- Overseeing the day-to-day functions of an assigned
department/work area by providing guidance and direction.
- Coordinating efforts with other departments throughout the
organization to complete products in a timely manner.
- Supporting employees with work process problems or
- Planning the layout of the assigned work area.
- Managing employee work schedules, approving/denying time off
requests, and managing time and attendance using ADP
- Performing annual performance reviews and making personnel and
pay recommendations to management.
- Performing corrective maintenance on finishing machines such as
the sandblasting machine, the polishing lathe, and the powder
coating spray booth.
- Performing additional assignments per management
direction.Please note that this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. The Following Personal Attributes/Skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Spanish fluency is highly desired.
- Ownership of all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication
- A sense of urgency and efficiency in all tasks required to
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills; must be able
to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet
- Adaptability/flexibility when encountering problems. Must be
able to solve problems and implement solutions independently.
- Demonstrate leadership and people management skills using good
judgment and discretion.
- Commitment to building and developing a quality team. Ability
to delegate and manage a multi-person team.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, persistence.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Literacy in desktop technology (e.g., Microsoft Office,
Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g., calculators,
computers, copiers, etc.).
- Ability to comply with and ensure team members comply with all
safety regulations including the use of personal protective
equipment.Environmental and Safety Considerations:
- Possible exposure to heat, cold, dust, and moderate noise when
- May be required to work with chemical solutions, power tools,
forced air.Supervisory Responsibilities:This position is
responsible for supervising all departments in his/her shift. The
Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to all
departments to include:
- Interviewing, Hiring, and Onboarding new employees
- Time and Attendance Management
- Monitoring the daily performance of the team to meet set
- Training and development of team members
- Ensuring a safe work environment
- Participating in performance management and discipline
- Conducting regular performance reviewsPeople Interface: The
position requires contact with all departments on routine matters.
Interfaces with the management team at multiple levels of the
organization. Decision Making:The position requires working from
detailed instructions as well as the use of judgment to plan and
perform general decisions to solve a problem or select a course of
action for a standard or recognized method of operation.Supervision
Received:Under the general supervision of the Manufacturing
Manager, assignments are both task-oriented and objective-oriented.
Follows established procedures for routine work. Able to propose
solutions and independently make decisions within a framework
agreed upon with a direct supervisor.Accountabilities:After
adequate training, the position requires a level of accountability
to complete a pre-determined amount of work or units completed per
shift. Accountable for both individual tasks as well as the
performance of the team.Education and Experience:
- The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform
this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Someone entering this position should have at least five (5)
years of experience in a manufacturing environment performing
similar work in a related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role
with a staff of five (5) or more employees.
- At least two (2) years of leadership experience in a fast-paced
- At least two (2) years of powder coating and polishing
experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and use hands
to finger. The employee is frequently required to stand for
extended periods of time; reach with hands and arms below and above
shoulder; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift/carry 1-50 pounds when
necessary. PLEASE NOTE Management reserves the right to change or
otherwise modify the functions of this position description to meet
the needs of the Company.
Keywords: California Faucets Inc., Huntington Beach , 2nd shift Finishing Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!