Company: The Huntington Club
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Camaraderie Clubs, a brand-new management company started by the
Co-Founder and former CEO of Travis Mathew, is looking to redefine
the landscape of Country Club Membership for the next generation of
Club Member. We own two premier club properties: Spanish Hills Club
and The Huntington Club. We work in a very collaborative team
environment where our process culture of "Plan, Communicate, Track,
Evaluate & Adjust" is applied to every decision our team makes, so
that we can succeed as a team!It's an exciting time to join our
clubs and we are currently seeking a Pro/Golf Shop Merchandiser to
join our team at The Huntington Club! -Job Summary Camaraderie
Clubs Management is looking for an individual with experience in
retail, golf merchandising and buying, with exceptional
organizational skills. They must have a great personality to be
able to communicate with members and guests. Will be responsible
for the procurement of products, equipment, supplies, materials,
and other items needed for both of our Country Clubs located in
Huntington Beach and Camarillo. -Job Tasks/Duties
- Inventories and prices in-coming merchandise.
- Ensures that golf accessories are properly inventoried and
- Contacts vendors regarding defective merchandise and warranty
- Promotes and sells Golf & Tennis Shop merchandise.
- Assists members and guests with Golf & Tennis Shop merchandise
selections and purchases.
- Fills special orders for members.
- Reports any complaints, feedback, or concerns from the
membership to both the Director of Golf and the Director of
- Attends staff meetings as necessary.
- Processes purchase requisitions from authorized personnel.
- Assists in the selection and evaluation of suppliers.
- Develops purchase specifications and performs "make-or-buy,"
quality evaluation and other analyses.
- Maintains current files of suppliers, stock lists, catalogs,
price sheets, etc.
- Gathers information about market conditions and availability of
- Knows current laws and regulations affecting purchasing
- Monitors purchase orders to assure that deliveries are correct
- Helps expedite purchase of needed products.
- Interacts with vendor personnel regarding shortages, price
changes and related matters.
- Works with personnel to determine proper quality and purchase
- Helps to minimize losses from product or supply pilferage,
spoilage, or obsolescence.
- Utilizes procedures that minimize operating costs for purchase
and storage of all products.
- Inspects storage areas.
- Monitors inventory records.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and all club
- Compares suppliers' product quality, service dependability and
- Creates goodwill for the club through effective supplier
- Works with suppliers to solve operating problems.
- Helps to identify new products, materials and processes which
are potentially useful to the club.
- Helps distribute bids, receive quotations, and make purchase
- Investigates supplier facilities.
- Interviews salespersons; places orders. -Reports to:
-Director(s) of Golf -Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Background in retail, sporting goods preferred (Minimum two
years of merchandising experience or training in retail related and
- Familiarity with POS software. -Job Knowledge, Core
Competencies and Expectations
- Able to operate a point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Enthusiastically promotes both Golf & Tennis.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/ Life Insurance
- Employee discounts provided at the Clubs along with Golf and
Tennis privileges - -
Keywords: The Huntington Club, Huntington Beach , Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!