Lactation Consultant OC RN-PD
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Collaborates with Education Consultants and managers to develop,
design, deliver and evaluate/improve education strategies and
special projects/programs based on clients departmental goals and
needs, as well as organizational goals/objectives. Implements
education programs and strategies and coordinates to meet
regulatory program requirements and organizational needs.
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory
requirements and organizational, departmental and discipline
- Designs, develops, and coordinates activities for continuing
professional education for staff.
- Collaborates with consultants to develop special projects in
professional education, development and learning.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target
audience using appropriate methods, and based on
- Participates in classroom instruction on developed
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within
- Serves as expert resource to staff and departments in defining
and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost outcomes and
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates/improves the
orientation, cross training and education/competency
processes/systems for clinical staff.
- Responds to corporate and industry changes in clinical practice
and professional education and provides necessary training,
education and development which improves organizational
- Ensures compliance and documentation of organizational records
based on regulatory agency standards.
- Previous teaching experience required or previous recent
experience in in-service education in clinical service area
(usually two (2) to five (5) years).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (usually 4 years) in
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- International Board Lactation Consultant Examiners Certificate
within 12 months of hire
- Experience in breast-feeding education and postpartum and/or
- Knowledge of Standards of Care pertinent to breast-feeding
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and
verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process
- Computer literacy required.
- CPR instructor preferred.
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE).
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- BLS and PALS.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Huntington Beach , Lactation Consultant OC RN-PD, Healthcare , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...