Pharmacy Technician - per diem
Company: City of Hope
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 12, 2022
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and
educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to
the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening
diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment.
A California registered technician who under the supervision of a
Pharmacist, packages, prepares and compounds Intravenous
medications and Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains
control procedures, performs inventory and stock control. Excellent
computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Ensures efficient and productive operation of assigned work
* Performs technician functions accurately and thoroughly which
includes but not limited to:
* Ensure compliance with USP 797 & 800 at all time
* Utilize proper aseptic technique for all pharmaceutical
* Order, receive, and maintain accurate medication inventory
* Coordinate with Specialty Pharmacies or manufacturers for timely
deliveries of 'white-bag' medications for infusion
* Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as
* Procure and maintain supplies necessary for daily mixing
* Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic
pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes.
Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
* Assists the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
* Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the
development of teamwork within the department while meeting the
needs of departments being served.
* Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider the
alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
* Completes written documentation.
* High School or equivalent
* Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
* Or graduation from a foreign School of Pharmacy
* One year performing related duties or graduation from a Pharmacy
Technician training program
* Pharmacy Technician program
* Registered by Pharmacy Board
* Experience with Automated Dispensing Cabinets preferred.
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and
* Per diem position, must be available 3 days a week.
* Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm
* To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with
new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required
to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance
is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
* Posting Date: Dec 23, 2021
* Job Field: Support Services
* Employee Status: Regular
* Shift: Day Job
Keywords: City of Hope, Huntington Beach , Pharmacy Technician - per diem, Healthcare , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!