Byram Healthcare Collector, Intermediate
Company: Owens & Minor
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 5, 2022
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare
process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US
and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated
technologies, products and services across the full continuum of
care. Customersand their patientsare at the heart of what we
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and
our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor Teammate Benefits Include
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
Services the needs of our customers by accurately billing customer
accounts, assuring timely remittance, and taking immediate action
on issues that involve account integrity. Follows-up with payers to
facilitate uninterrupted cash flow.
Essential Job Functions
- Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, and insurance
companies. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Handles customer collection calls. Documents activities in
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in an efficient accurate
and timely manner.
- Ensures billing activity is handled correctly. Evaluates and
secures the needed prescriptions, PAs and medical justifications to
facilitate payment of claims for initial and review/appeals
- Prepares and reviews clean claims for submission to various
insurances either electronically or by paper.
- Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues regarding
- Performs additional duties as directed.
Education & Experience Required
- Associates Degree required or 5 years equivalent
- One or more years of Customer Service experience required
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency; consults with
senior peers on non-complex projects
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to practice proper phone and email
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances i.e.
- Ability to edit and resubmit claims for payment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and
- Conducts routine tasks as directed; works under clearly defined
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as
- Little or no traveling required (less than 10%)
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin
physical or mental handicap, disability, age or status as a
disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career,
we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran , or
any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state
or local law.by Jobble
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Huntington Beach , Byram Healthcare Collector, Intermediate, Healthcare , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!