Director, Government Affairs
Company: Public Affairs Council
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Join our dynamic team to achieve our vision of harnessing
greenhouse gas as a resource to create biomaterials at global scale
helping to solve plastics pollution and climate change. You will
direct CA Government Affairs, including legislative and political
strategy and help craft policy positions. Salary DOE. POSITION
SUMMARY The Director for Government Affairs is responsible for
interacting with state regulatory and legislative bodies to
proliferate the adoption of natural biomaterials and to represent
and protect the company's business plans and interests.
- Manage an external team of advisors and regulatory
professionals to strategize and advocate for the availability and
adoption of natural biomaterials.
- Research and monitor government activities that could affect
the company's business and customers.
- Assists senior management and leadership with strategic
planning for known and potential legislative and regulatory
activities related to the business and industry.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of
state. government entities and agencies.
- Joins trade associations and industry committees and seeks
- Collaborates with industry advocates to build areas of common
- Introduces legislative and public policy changes that will
support company operations.
- Partner with Legal and Marketing to quickly handle and resolve
critical and time-sensitive challenges.
- Lead cross-functionally to ensure that all current and future
legislative and regulatory requirements are being adequately
prepared for and executed upon within necessary time frames.
- Knowledge of current and emerging public policy trends relating
to natural materials and polymers.
- Develop and iterate on content policies to ensure regulatory
preparedness and mitigate business risk.
- Performs other duties as required. REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of the CA
- Experienced CA Government Affairs professional with knowledge
of CA political systems.
- Strong preference for knowledge, skill, and abilities related
to recycling, biomaterials, composting, and plastics policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Political
Science, Public Relations, or related field required; Graduate
- Ten years of experience in advocacy or public policy required.
Newlight Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a Veteran or
other protected classification.
Keywords: Public Affairs Council, Huntington Beach , Director, Government Affairs, Government & Protective Services , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!