Director of Food and Beverage
Company: Pasea Hotel & Spa
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Annual Salary: $115k; negotiablebased on experience
Responsible for managing the entire food and beverage operation including banquets,catering/conference services, restaurants, bars and culinary.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success.Manages subordinate managers/supervisors in all food and beverage areas.Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization'spolicies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, andtraining team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisingperformance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaintsand resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals anddirecting team members to achieve results.
2. Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members andselecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in managementtraining. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives anyrequired training or attends mandatory meetings.
3. Prepares annual budget. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses andmaximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approvedcomputer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makesdecisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability.Ensures quality and portion control while minimizing waste or loss of supplies tomaintain profitability.
4. Maximizes profitability by optimizing menu prices and selection. Assist indeveloping and implementing new menu ideas, wine list, pricing and marketingprograms.
5. Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service bycirculating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfactionand immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
6. Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up.Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders asneeded. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. Prepares and submits liquorand supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensurescompliance with all food and beverage regulations.
7. Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists indeveloping and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meetingwith Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges,and service standards are met.
8. Ensures department follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation andhealth department guidelines.
9. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safetyissues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve inemergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal ProtectiveEquipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk toyour health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and careof assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Teammember has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or
equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strictcompliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizesself with current MSDS.
10. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essentialfunction of the job.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
-High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalentcombination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in HospitalityManagement desired.
2. Five or more years of related and progressive Food & Beverage experience withtwo years as a Manager in similar setting.
3. Possess solid knowledge of restaurant and banquet management, hotel servicestandards, guest relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in successfullyleading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providingtraining that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and providesa high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processesdesigned to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence toestablished operating criteria.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity whileensuring positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives aremet.
7. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires abilityto use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional
demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills andcommitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternativesolutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficultguest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn anduse telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
10. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solvepractical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situationswhere only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety ofinstructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
11. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professionaljournals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to writereports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectivelypresent information and respond to questions from groups of managers, teammembers, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write andunderstand English to communicate with management, team members andguests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
12. Must complete RBS (Responsible Beverage Service) alcohol awarenesscertification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current FoodHandlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days ofemployment. Must obtain Serve Safe Certificate within 90 days of employment.
13. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may berequired to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
14. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Pasea Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity employer.
Annual Salary: $115k; negotiablebased on experience
Keywords: Pasea Hotel & Spa, Huntington Beach , Director of Food and Beverage, Executive , Huntington Beach, California
here to apply!