Assistant Smallwares Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Position Title: Assistant Smallwares ManagerDepartment:
SmallwaresSupervisor: Branch ManagerFLSA: Non-exemptPosition
Summary:Responsible for the receiving product and ensures that
aisles are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed
out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of the
job includes manual labor.Essential Functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with customers.
- Supervises and works together with Smallwares Supervisor (if
applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and
merchandise is rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and
recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Rotates product as needed.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving
of all smallwares products and ensures that the proper paperwork is
- Physically breaks down pallets, stocks product and organizes
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Supervises the ordering of smallwares products from vendors on
a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to expirations and not have too much inventory on
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the
proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked
in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers
prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical
adjacencies, proper holding power, and space allocation) and
creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for
- Performs weekly self-audits
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Performs other work-related duties as required and
assigned.Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR High School Diploma OR GED with at least 4
years of experience in customer service, OR any appropriate
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Proven leadership skills; ability to supervise and direct
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer
- Computer LiteracyPhysical Requirements:
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average
- Lift 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50 or less) 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity 80-100%
- Manual dexterity 80 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time
- Stand/walk constantly (4 hours at time)
- Reach above shoulder level occasionally
- Twist/turn head frequently
- Bend over/stoop occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionallyWork Environment:
- Temperature is moderate
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks,
scooters)Acknowledgement:I fully understand the responsibilities
and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that
I am capable of performing the required functions.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Huntington Beach , Assistant Smallwares Manager, Executive , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!