Chief Accounting Officer
Company: Liberty Military Housing
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Overview:Liberty Military Housing - Own your passion for
At Liberty Military Housing we're here to serve those who serve our
country by providing military families with comfortable,
well-maintained homes in inviting communities across the United
States. We take great pride in our highly trained team of
professionals. With a blend of property management and military
backgrounds, our employee-owners bring a proactive,
solution-oriented mindset, along with unparalleled levels of
empathy and understanding for our residents and one another.
Liberty Military Housing is dedicated to helping our employees
develop personally and professionally and provides an unprecedented
150+ hours of professional development annually to each
employee-owner. Camaraderie and collaboration form the foundation
of our culture. We put people first, honoring one another's diverse
experiences, ideas, and contributions to our shared success. We
strive to bring out the best in each other so we can do outstanding
work and positively impact the lives of military families.
We're always looking for dedicated team members in a variety of
roles to help create meaningful results that help us meet our
company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package, training,
development, and opportunities for advancement, so if you're ready
to grow your career, take a look at our current job openings and
become an employee-owner at Liberty Military
Housing.Responsibilities:As the Liberty Military Housing Chief
Accounting Officer, you will be supporting the financial and
accounting operations for the organization. This includes the
development of a financial and operational strategy, and the
ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to
preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. You
will be a member of executive management, and integral in working
with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, our Military
Partners and the Leadership team to assure strategic positioning of
the organization.Your Responsibilities include, but not limited
- Responsible for all internal and external reporting related to
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Senior
- Develop financial strategies for long term growth.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Maintain banking relationships and report financial results to
the lenders and other external stakeholders as required.
- Develops long and short range operational and capital budgets
which are supported by the organizations' long and short-range
plans and objectives.
- Annual budget planning and forecasting for portfolio properties
- Ensure timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement
preparation for each.
- Continually work to optimize and leverage the assets of the
Organization to maximize value within acceptable risk levels,
ensuring that controls are in place to protect the assets of the
- Provide monthly financial reporting to executives and Board
members as required.
- Develop the analysis and tools and provide leadership to
improve productivity and financial accountability at all levels
throughout the Organization.
- Work at improving the accounting and financial reporting
infrastructure, as well as key internal control processes.
- Understand and implement operational Accounting and reporting
processes that follow our Property Management Agreements, and
liaise with operational teams.
- Enhance current financial reporting processes and controls with
specific focus on analytical review, scalability and
- Oversee updating and implementing accounting policies to
respond to changes in the Company's operations model and ensure it
is scalable and sustainable for growth.
- Support cross functional projects such as new project
acquisitions and financial system implementations.
- Work closely with other members of the accounting, finance and
business teams to provide timely accounting advice and support as
- Provide guidance on the design and operations of internal
controls for financial close and reporting.
- Manage a team of professionals which work in various locations
throughout the country.
- Create a culture of continuous learning and the development of
others to build a high performing financial management reporting
group and have the ability to recruit, retain, and develop top
- Create a positive work environment that fosters team and
individual performance while enhancing accountability.
- Ensure timely and accurate ESOP plan administration and
reporting for plan participants, as well as forecasting of future
- Assist in special projects and key strategic initiatives, as
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:What You Need for
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in progressively responsible
positions including demonstrated leadership and senior management
experience in finance and budget management.
- Experience with Yardi a plus
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
- Background in property management is preferred.
- Strong leader of people with the ability to create a compelling
vision, identify and cultivate talent, demonstrate flexibility in
approach, and motivate others to achieve desired results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in
networking and ability to build and maintain effective
relationships both internally and externally.
- Strategic Thinking. Able to see and communicate the big picture
in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through a
comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Proven ability to work as a business partner with all levels of
management and influence across functions to improve
- Ability to think beyond the financial implications to business
decisions and to consider overall business strategies and key
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and ability
to manage multitude and varied tasks.
- High degree of integrity, tact and ability to be direct and
influence others while remaining diplomatic. Ability to sell ideas
persuasively and settle differences in a manner that strengthens
- Ability to lead and execute projects to timelines and drive
- 30% Travel
What we Provide You:Liberty offers a wide range of insurance
options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration
everything from career development to family matters, health and
wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer
you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer
competitive compensation and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Liberty Military Housing, Huntington Beach , Chief Accounting Officer, Executive , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!