General Manager - Hauling MC
Company: Republic Services
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The General Manager is responsible for leading
one of the Company's Business Units which includes full profit loss
responsibility for all facets of the operation. Working in a matrix
management environment, the position manages an infrastructure team
comprised of division-level managers, including Operations, Fleet
Management, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Safety and
Environmental Compliance, and Environmental Engineering, who
support the total operation of the Business Unit. The General
Manager executes a local market strategy that complements the
Area's overall strategic operating and marketing plans and
implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and
budget achievement. The General Manager manages all matters related
to collection and/or post-collections operations (transfer
stations, landfills, recycling centers and/or complexes);
represents the Company to customers, vendors and municipal
customers and other external stakeholders; oversees effective
safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to
ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management
initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute
to the growth and durability of the Business Unit
- Implements and executes plans to complement the Area's
strategic operating plan; champions the execution of the strategic
plan and tactical initiatives within the Business Unit, including
but not limited to operating safely, enhancing customer experience,
improving efficiency and maximizing profitability.
- Works with Area and Region sales management to drive the
commercial, industrial, residential and municipal sales efforts
within the Business Unit to achieve targeted growth objectives,
exceed customer experience expectations and optimize
- Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all
- Leads operations to ensure compliance with all standards
including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting
- Manages performance and talent development.
- Builds and maintains strong and effective relations with
relevant government, community and environmental groups.
- This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes
of transportation up to 30% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability
to execute against formulated strategy.
- Ability to lead large scale change initiatives.
- Ability to direct large staff of functional experts to execute
the corporate strategy.
- Ability to build strong sales teams; select best candidates,
coach and develop the best talent.
- Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing
aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to
long-term sustainable success.
- Collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Ability to manage an extended span of control, with multiple
sites and multiple business lines (e.g., hauling, landfills,
recycling, new business.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or
- Master's Degree.
- Previous experience in the environmental services
- Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
- Experience in labor relations.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership and management
- Minimum of 3 years of P & L experience. Salary Range: Bonus
Plan Details (if applicable): Bonus - MIP, 45% AnnualRepublic
Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Huntington Beach , General Manager - Hauling MC, Executive , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!