Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 5, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.-Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work.-Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.-EHS&S
Manager will lead in the areas of environmental, health, safety,
and sustainability (EHSS). This individual will lead in the
development and deployment of the Irvine, CA plant strategies,
policies, and procedures. They will ensure that the plant is
following applicable Federal, CA State and local laws and
fulfillment of all division and Baxter EHSS objectives.-There will
be one direct report, a junior EHS Specialist.Essential Duties and
- Develop, implement, and manage all environmental, health and
safety (EHS) compliance programs.
- Evaluate and act upon new EHS regulations.
- Serve as primary contact for regulatory agencies such as CalEPA
and CalOSHA for inspections, permits, and reporting.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding permits related to
operations and construction.
- Ensure appropriate contracts and review hazardous and
non-hazardous waste disposal.
- Partner with management to investigate all work-related
accidents and non-compliance incidents and facilitate mitigation of
- Perform analytical review and risk-based assessments to ensure
compliance and appropriate actions are addressed proactively.
- Effectively interfaces with all levels of employees to include
direct labor through senior management, and influences
- Provide EHS technical expertise and resources to new business
and validation and engineering projects with ownership in
- Own and improve site EHS audits program with emphasis on
compliance, program effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Champion wellness programs outcomes.
- Work with corporate EHS function to support and execute all EHS
projects and programs on time and in full.
- Responsible for EHS plant related and department budget and
expenses. Analyze health and safety costs and value which support
- Lead and continuously improve all EHS related training for
- Manage duties of Occupational Health Nurse to include but not
limited to employee health exams/profiles, drug testing, management
of Worker's Compensation
- Own and improve site business continuity planQualifications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Corporate
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to write routine reports/correspondence and speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Must have deep knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations with
experience in executing California specific requirements.
- Ability to problem-solve, resolve technical difficulties, and
develop and execute short/ long-term strategic plans.
- Must be able to influence at all levels and across functional
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate training programs
and investigations on off-shifts.Education and/or Experience
- BS degree in Environmental Health, Safety, or related field
- MS degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering, Technology or
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in Environmental, Health and
Safety or Industrial Hygiene fields with specific concentration in
EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations with a minimum of 2 -3 years
- Registered professional certification in the environmental or
safety field (i.e. CHMM, CSP, or CIH) preferredPhysical Demands &
Working EnvironmentThe physical activity of this position
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and
arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the
amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in soundThe physical requirements of this position
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm
and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that
for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is
rated for light work.The visual acuity requirements including
color, depth perception, and field vision. The conditions the
worker will be subject to in this position:
- None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
administrative work.)The successful candidate for this position
will be required to provide his or her COVID-19 vaccination status
as a condition to employment, pursuant to-OSHA-ETS requirements.-
If the employee is not vaccinated, then the employee will have to
submit to weekly testing, subject to potential religious or medical
exemptions.#IND-USOPS#LI-BAXGENEqual Employment OpportunityBaxter
is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.- - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
--Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or interview process, please click on the here and let
us know the nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Huntington Beach , EHS&S Manager, Executive , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!