Company: Cambro Manufacturing Company
Location: Huntington Beach
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Summary SUMMARY The General Accountant performs key accounting
duties that consist of General Accounting, Accounts Receivable,
Accounts Payable, Billing, and Financial Reporting and Analysis.
This position has direct impact on the company's profitability and
financial asset integrity. Essential Functions ESSENTIAL JOB
- Collect transaction data and prepare journal entries to support
month-end and year-end closing.
- Analyze G/L account activities to develop accruals to
accurately match expense to revenue.
- Perform monthly reconciliations on key balance sheet accounts
and prepare supporting schedules as needed.
- Compile management reports on a daily and monthly basis.
- Monitor daily pricing discrepancy reports and correct/update
orders missing prices before invoicing
- Perform accounts receivable functions for Cambro's e-commerce
customers that require interchanges with various portals and
cross-apply customer payments.
- Reconcile bank accounts to ensure G/L capturing all bank
transactions on receipts and disbursements.
- Research customer payment deductions and file dispute claims
onto customer portals to reduce financial impact to the
- Analyze customer billback requests and process customer
billback requests with accuracy, minimizing financial impact to the
- Calculate customers sales incentives on quarterly and annual
basis and reconcile with customer records to prevent
- Process inter-company payable invoices and freight company
- Become the backups to AR and AP when help is needed.
- Support accounts payable electronic platforms - Concur,
- Participate in process improvement and digitize accounting data
- Assist in any accounting system upgrade or improvement
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands department's key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to assist other functions as needed in the
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. In this position
you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist,
squat, climb, kneel, twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands
repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation,
pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level,
carrying/lifting up to 10 lbs. PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Safety glasses Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- BA/BS from accredited Universities or College
- Mid-level knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Be discreet with information and confidentiality
- Proficient with internet and general web applications
- High level on Excel spreadsheet and other MS applications
- Experience working with business enterprise packages
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- 3-5 Years of accounting background
- Major in accounting or business administration in College
- Knowledge of computer database and relational databasesCAMBRO
is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information,
military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Cambro Manufacturing Company, Huntington Beach , General Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Huntington Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!